ASSIGNMENT - A5
Using a Xerox machine, photocopy parts of yourself and create a 2D and/or 3D work of art inspired by any of the Art Movements seen in class. At least 2 feet x 3 feet.


I did not have access for a Xerox machine so instead I scanned myself and turned the images to black and white.
I was inspired to make a piece related to the Baroque/Rococo era because I've always loved the big hair and styles of the time. Though in the end it looks more like a hat I still like it because even accessories at that time were overly big and stylized. If you didn't have it big enough for someone a mile away to see it then you were poor.
I used the side images of my hand and made a feather, the splayed image go my hands together looked like a bow to me.
Turned the images of my hair different ways to give it a messy bee hive look. and used an image of my arm to make the accordion collar.
Inspiration

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the aesthetics of the picture, and could definitely see this on a wall in a photo exhibit. I love how you incorporated your hands into the wig, and like the idea that you thought to use a wig for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog