In this Assignment for Art211 we had to combine two related or unrelated objects together. The theme was Baroque inspired because we had been going over technology in Opera.

I have always loved the big hairstyles worn by people and all the accessories they could put into it as well as how big they could make it. To me sometimes it reminded me of clouds based on the mass of the hair woman wore.

I did not want to overcrowd the hair to much but still wanted to show its mass. So I turned it into a storm cloud(which holds a lot of water) and decorated it with a small paper boat and some typical cartoonish lightning. Around her neck I gave her a typical Baroque collar(originally I wanted to turn it into an accordion because of its similarities but felt it would add to much to the image.) Lastly I looked up lacework that was used in the Baroque period and decorated her bodice with it.
I tried to make it look over the top and as if someone could wear it while acting in a Opera or to a grand celebration where everything was always overdone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog