Explore Angel de Quinta’s STAGE DOOR Blog with an amazing collection of excerpts from Broadway plays. Post your comments on your favorite shows on your blogs. 

I'm not to big into broadway plays. I've mainly seen them in movies I've watched. Mainly because I just can't get behind all the singing that is in most of them. In the movie(where I originally saw it), "The Producers" there is a play called, "Springtime for Hitler" that is probably one of my favorites because though it has a lot of singing in it it is very satirical. They are not glorifying what happened but instead bringing it down a peg. It is also very well done with set pieces and costumes with would be expected since it was in a high budget movie. 

Next would have to be have to be "The Prodigal Son", (Not sure if it's broadway but it's a play) a friend of mine turned me onto it because she likes watching up and coming actors and seeing how far they will go based on how they act. The version I saw was pretty darn good and the young actor who was in it is now pretty popular. It didn't have much in the realm of set design but it got the point across and the story was still told. 

Other than that if it isn't a Disney Broadway(Lion King) play I probably wouldn't watch it. I appreciate the talent it takes to do it. Some of the best actors have come out of doing broadway/theatre. However, I'm a person with a pretty short attention span who doesn't even really like to watch movies or television(this coming from a college student crazy I know). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQfW9oK1G4 (springtime for hitler)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4tvn0WGwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMPWx1v7ioM(prodigal son)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog